cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live at Paradiso 1991 - MP3 Download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cranes-fan.com
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Live at Paradiso 1991 - MP3 Download Reply with quote

Cranes-Dadaphonic Newsletter January 2007

MP3 DOWNLOAD RELEASE

Cranes - Live at Amsterdam Paradiso (1991)

From the Cranes archives comes a classic recording during their pre 'Wings of Joy' era. The show captures the darker heavier days of the early Cranes. Included in the set is the never before released "Slow Song". The download includes high-res jpg files of the cover art so that you can print cd sleeves. Price is £4.00 and it's available from our new download site:

http://www.dadaphonic.co.uk

Songs are played by the original line-up of the group which featured Jim on drums, Ali on vocals and bass, Mark Francombe on guitar and piano and Matt Cope on guitars. These are really good live versions of Starblood and Sixth of May, Da Da 331 etc. We stopped playing these songs many years ago, so we thought you might like to hear them! Let us know what you think! You can listen to previews of the songs at http://www.dadaphonic.co.uk

New album

We are continuing to work on recordings for the new album. Sorry it's been so long ! It's really beginning to take shape and hopefully will be something special when it's ready. Autumn 2007 could be a possible time for a release. We will keep you posted.

Films

Cranes songs have been used in two really cool films recently. They are:

"Broken English" Dir: Zoe Cassevettes
'Vanishing Point" from Cranes Particles and Waves album appears in a scene in this new film starring Parker Posey and Gena Rowlands. The film, directed by Zoe Cassevettes can be seen at the Sundance Film Festival Jan 20th-28th, 2007 http://festival.sundance.org/filmguide/

"Romeo & Juliette" Dir: Yves Desgagnés
"Flute Song" from Cranes Future Songs album appears in a film by award winning French/Canadian production company Cinémaginaire. The film is a contemporary version of Romeo and Juliet, and Flute Song appears in the final scenes of the film when Juliet has taken the poison. Cinémaginaire (who also produced 'The Barbarian Invasions' and many other award winning films) released Romeo & Juliette in Quebec on Dec 4th 2006. It's being shown in cinemas there now. USA and European release dates to be announced..

Helsinki

Jon Callender (cranes drummer) and Hayley Alker (a hugely talented vocalist and pianist) have formed a new group called Helsinki. They have recorded a beautiful new album, also called Helsinki, which we think you will love ! Check out their myspace site:

http://www.myspace.com/helsinkihq1

And if you'd like to buy the album (definitely recommended!) it is available at:

http://www.helsinkihq.co.uk/shop/shop.htm

Helsinki played their first ever show in Portsmouth on Dec 19th. It sounded gorgeous and was sold out in advance so look out for more shows from them in the New Year! Well bye for now. Happy New Year and hope to see you soon!

Lots of love from Cranes xxx
pills23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Can't wait for the new album.

The tracks sound great. Really brings me back.
machincoin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exellent live sound, very great show!
thanks
grey mouse want fly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: MP3 DOWNLOAD RELEASE Reply with quote

I´d love to have the new release, but I don´t have paypal.
In the past I could purchase everything using my VISA card.
But it seems that nowadays only paypal is supported.
So is there an option for credit card users that don´t want to use paypal?
cranes-fan.com
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the download site accepts all major credit cards as well as paypal.
wings_of_joy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to buy stuff on the net thru IMO (international Money Order) and now it seems I can't buy this cos I don't have a credit card or paypal... my situation sucks cos i don't know how to get these songs... Confused
vinlud

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll happily use my credit card for you if you transfer the money to me Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: