cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Forever"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpharoah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: "Forever" Reply with quote

Looking through the random images on this site, I noticed a picture of Cranes on stage with The Cure in 1992, in Dublin at The Point. They are playing that incredibly hard to find Cure track "Forever". For any fan of The Cure and Cranes this is the ultimate combination! Has anyone, anywhere, by any chance, got a recording of this song?!! Long shot I know... anybody?!
avon lady

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure i used to have this or something similar on minidisc, but wouldn't have a clue where it is now. probably back in england. wouldn't be too hard to get hold of though...
bpharoah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you do lay your hands on it please let me know! Ever since I got hold of a bad recording of Forever, I've been on a quest to find more versions and a decent recording of it - so to have a copy that I know Cranes are playing on too... wow!
alex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago, i noticed that a cure fan had the complete (audience) recording of the cure's dublin 1992 show. I paid him to transfer the show to cdr (3 cdr as cure were always playing 3 hours shows). The result wasnt exciting (although the tape to cdr transfer was nice). Forever is mostly a jam song: everyone's on stage making noise but ali's not singing (i'm not even sure about robert smith singing or not). It must be a really nice souvenir for cranes band member and for the audience who had the chance to see these two great bands playing together. I'm not sure if i kept the recording as it wasnt a good one (there are so many excellent live recordings by cure that i didnt feel like keeping a bad one). I hope i kept a copy of forever somewhere before throwing away the discs. If i find it i will post here.

Alex
bpharoah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I just like the idea of Forever. The way it builds up to a massive noise, and the fact the lyrics change every time!
quendin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

me interested too in a copy, if anyone has it, please let me know.
thanks
alex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I found my cure concert copy of dublin 92. The sound is bad. You can barely guess what song is being played. Anyway, the ultime encore is Forever, 11 minutes of jam by the two bands. Robert only is singing, everyone else is playing an instrument. I dont know if all cranes membres are presents. The drum are heavy so i wouldnt be surprised to hear that Cure & Cranes drummer were playing together, each on his own drum kit! The song is a like regular cure song, i cant figure out the lyrics but it sounds ok. I could encode the file to mp3 but i cant host it (no webpage) and i'm not sure about this being authorized by the band!
I'd love to see Paul writing a few lines about what must be a great souvenir for them as musicians and human beings (they named the forever cd (my fave) after this tour souvenir).

PS: i've just hear that every cure cds will be released again as two cd sets including tons or rare stuff (starting these days with 17 seconds). most of the bonus stuff was available on bootlegs only but the sound should be better on the official release and they have exclusive tracks. You can start saving your money or modify your christmas wishlist!

PS2: same for the video release, they should all be available on dvd soon. ..
Alex
bpharoah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well should you accidentally encode Forever into mp3 and then mistakenly e-mail it in my direction, I'm sure the band wouldn't mind!

Wouldn't it be great if Forever did get a release? I did once hear a rare studio version of it, but never managed to get my sticky paws on it!
markfrancombe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: I can take a look too Reply with quote

As one of the guys playing Forever with Bob and Co in Dublin.. (Paul was not in the band then) but I can answer a few questions...
I think I have a desk recording of it somewhere, but will take a while to locate as I think its in my Dads loft ha ha, and Im in Norway.. The line up was, Cure on they're regular intruments, Matt hoiked his amp onstage andplayed guitar, I was playing (Ibeen dying to get my hands on it for the whole tour) Roberts 6 string fenderbass!!! Ali was on Acoustic guitar, and dint sing, and Jim was supposed to play guitar but Im not sure if he did or not, so no it wasnt two drummers, just Boris.
As it was a bootleg recording you prob shouldnt post it anywhere, no trouble from Cranes Im sure, but possibly from Cure?? (But shhh Im sure no one will mind if you mail it to each other!!!)

later Mark

www.markfrancombe.com
bpharoah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. It must have been pretty amazing playing with The Cure.

And I'll keep "vewy vewy quiet" as Elmer Fudd would say about any bootleg recordings. I'm sure it doesn't hurt anyone if it's for personal pleasure and not to make money with.

Lee.
avon lady

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cure have no problem with boots so should be no trouble to post it.
bpharoah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like them more and more each day!
-oblivion-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: versions to compare with.. Reply with quote

..sweet sadness to all of you..

while waiting for mark as he gets back from norway, those of you interested in 'forever' song may take a look at these three versions i found somewhere once upon a time..:

Forever / All I Want Is Kill Her - 1982 Paris (The Cure) .. 11:41 (1366 kB)
Forever - live 23.9.89 (The Cure with Shelleyan Orphan) .. 6:12 (725 kB)
Forever (The Cure) .. 4:55 (575 kB)

..all these are mono 16.0 kBps real audio files.. expect no hi-fi then..
..anyway, i'm not quite sure if this post is legal.. should it be not - tell me please..

/charlie/
bpharoah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! All versions of Forever greatly aapreciated! Very Happy

Lee.
jack_smiley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: forever Reply with quote

if you can track down a cassette version of the cure's 1984 live release 'concert', the entire b-side was 'curiosity - cure anomolies 1977-84', the last track of which is an excellent live version of "forever" from 15. may 1984... this is to my knowledge the only official release of the song to date, and available only on the cassette version, not the lp or cd. three of those anomalies are on the newly remastered version of 'three imaginary boys' but sadly not "forever"...

mark: if you ever dig up that '92 dublin performance soundboard dub i'd looooove to hear it in decent fidelity-- that was right about when i (like many) first fell under the cranes spell, and the cure was my favorite band.
on the verge of perishing,
those who do:
their quarrels are stilled."
-dhammapada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: