cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTP Storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackd

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: FTP Storage Reply with quote

I run about a hundred(+) websites and have a few servers sitting around with some bandwidth and after reading a few posts here on the board (I've been a lurker for some time now) I thought that maybe I could be of some use...

I wouldn't mind hosting some files (MP3's, video, etc) for a short time for free, but I don't want anyone to get silly with it. While I might have 5,000+ songs on my iPod, most of them are owned or I plan on buying the albums/tracks soon. We shouldn't share files (music) that we either don't own or don't plan on purchasing soon. If you did happen to DL a track you didn't much care for and had no intention of buying then you should delete it within a week or so... At least that is my feeling about the whole music download scene.

This service would likely be more for vid files and not so much MP3's, but you all get the big picture. This would be for the sharing of files as honestly, honorably and ethically as possible... Maybe not completely legal, but what is? Bleh!

And of course if anyone in collective w/ The Cranes has any issue with this just let me know via jack@jackdickens.net and it'll be shut down in two shakes of a lambs tail!!!

Regards, Jack D.
email: jack@jackdickens.net
http://www.jackdickens.net
jackd

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, this was probably not the best idea... If nobody is up for it, or if it offends the Cranes in any way please feel free to delete the entire post/thread.

If their is any interest and the Cranes folks don't mind just let me know via post or email and maybe we can get something rolling... jack@jackdickens.net

Kindest Regards, Jack D.
email: jack@jackdickens.net
http://www.jackdickens.net
apesgrapes

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually this is a great idea. see the 'old tv stuff' thread for all the trouble ive had sharing via ftp.

if anyone still wants those files & jack's willing to help out, then bingo Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: