cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Astronauts' on AmEx commercial...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beestung

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: 'Astronauts' on AmEx commercial... Reply with quote

Has anyone else seen the American Express commercial with Kate Winslet that is set to Astronauts from Particles and Waves? I just about had my mind blown through my ear...freaky:P

The TV was on in another room and I'm thinking "Wow, that's some cool music", followed by "Hey, that sounds really familiar", followed by confusion as to why Cranes was playing when I hadn't put them on.

It's definitely nice exposure for the band (if you can count instrumental music which no one will ever know is Cranes, exposure) but more importantly (and realistically) must be a nice chunk of change in their pockets. They definitely deserve it.
pills23

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Not sure how I feel about that one. I like the way the music was broken up. The music in between reminded me of something from Stephin Merritt.
I found the commercial online:
http://www.mylifemycard.com/commercials/spot8/
PassDaLoot

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! this commercial was broadcast during the season finale of "Everybody Loves Raymond" too. you wanna talk about MAJOR exposure to MILLIONS of pple!

question is - i sure hope AmericanExpress got permission to use the song. if not - i'm thinking, the upcoming US tour should be "brought to you by AmericanExpress", if you catch my drift Wink

i wonder if Kate Winslet is a cranes fan. that'd be cool. Laughing
fuchsiagrl1

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: wow! Reply with quote

wow!!! im absolutely shocked by this!! (thanks for the info and the link to the commercial btw)...

they totally deserve this!! as robert smith from the cure quotes "[cranes are] savagely underrated".
ktchinagirl

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: cheers for the link Reply with quote

Yeah - thanks for that link - really interesting.

KATE IN CAMDEN!!! Hows strange!

Sounded like a little Cure homage too in the middle with the chimes like the opening of Disintergration -

Gotta shake the person's hand whoever chose the music for the commercial -what taste - that is actually my favourite track off particals and waves -it's perfect to set against visuals.

kt
"Through dangers untold & hardships unnumbered - I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City-To take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and my Kingdom is as great -You have no power over me! "
theangeltheory

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very cool. I love that track. The commercial would not be the same without it. Thanks for the link. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wohoo, i'm working for american express. ain't that cool: working for a company that uses a cranes song for its tv commercial.
and believe me: amex certainly has asked the cranes/management for the rights to use the song, i think no company would be so stupid to violate copyrights in a big tv campaign nowadays.

there was a de niro-commercial before that one that was also very neat.

markus
theangeltheory

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I saw the ad last night while watching Lost. It was exciting to know that so many people had just heard the song. Way to go, Cranes! Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: