cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who are you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quendin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elyria wrote:
Ginny, we sound a "lot" alike. Our musical interests are similar, and I too am a psychology student.

Mm, nice, I don't usually meet people who have similar interests and qualities... Very Happy
avon lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: hah! Reply with quote

I noticed you stylishly side-stepped around Anga's question, Ginny Laughing
apesgrapes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm nondescript but here goes...

apes, age 37 living in deepest northumberland in an ex-funeral directors place. got a 6 month old son who is my life, been following the boro for 22 years but quitting after this season as saturdays are too precious (will still do sunderland & newcastle away).

saw cranes a few times back in 90/91 time, furthest travelled was 100m to leeds for the duchess of york gig infront of maybe 50 people (mark - sort that tape out son Cool ).

found this place a while back and always intended to come back with those video clips - really disappointed that i can't get a decent ftp to share them but will keep trying as long as people want them.

i like the fact that people here are from all over the place, and its great to know cranes are still going strong. i lost interest in music back in the mid-90s thanks to rave & drugs, but slowly coming back - got some cranes to catch up on anyway.
Elyria

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya...welcome to this kick-ass site, bud. Wink
quendin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: hah! Reply with quote

avon lady wrote:
I noticed you stylishly side-stepped around Anga's question, Ginny Laughing

yes, this will be sorted out indoors...
avon lady

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised @ ginny.

and welcome, apesgrapes Smile
seramonie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: who i be Reply with quote

25/f
i live in colorado right now...
i have loved the cranes since i was 11 and heard wings of joy....
i saw them in denver once, was wonderful-
and i cant wait for them to come back. Smile
jessie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Hi, I'm Moi Reply with quote

Name: Jessie
Cranes fan since: 1996
# of times seen Cranes: 1, last u.s. tour
Friends here with: no one, been on hiatus for a while
What else are you currently listening to other than Cranes? http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/kittygutz/
Other random comments: ummm, ummm Neutral
stre@uac

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

I'm Gunter from Belgium (Kerksken), 30 years old and Cranes fan since 1992 (Cure tour).

Enjoyed every concert in BE since 92, except the 1st one in VK. (those days my dad did not want me to go because of bad neighbourhood around VK... Crying or Very sad )

What else are you currently listening to other than Cranes? Lamb, Mazzy Star, Emiliana Torrini, Stina Nordenstam, Shivaree, Nitin Sawhney, Goldfrap,...

greetz
schoapke

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here I am
Also Dutch and maybe some people know me by my car [orange renault 4 with light and speaker on top]
Every cranes gig for me is like being on a friends party but the friends are the live band.
Sometimes I take pictures, but most of the time I'll leave that to marco [aka moaske] most of them are already in this site [W2, Ecco, Locomotive]

ps I steel the drinks from girls behind the merchandise Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moaske

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stre@uac wrote:
...What else are you currently listening to other than Cranes? ..... Stina Nordenstam...

Hmmmm.... that's a nice one Smile Just got that from Maarten who just introduced himself above...
Very nice as well Cool

Moaske's weblog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
quendin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stre@uac wrote:
Hi All

I'm Gunter from Belgium (Kerksken), 30 years old and Cranes fan since 1992 (Cure tour).

Mazzy Star

greetz

Me tto from Belgium and LOVE Mazzy star....
ktchinagirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Great idea -- Always see all these names on the board and never know who is what and where - so here goes...
"Through dangers untold & hardships unnumbered - I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City-To take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and my Kingdom is as great -You have no power over me! "

Last edited by ktchinagirl on Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
ktchinagirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Katy (KTchinagirl)
Cranes fan since: 1996
# of times seen Cranes: 7 times
Friends here with: Quendin (kind of) and talk to Paul (Cranes) sometimes

Other random comments: [/b] I was first introduced by a Curehead friend of mine - he did me a copy of Wings of Joy and forever It was everything I ever wanted from my music and a year later I saw them for the first time in Feb 1997 at Kings College London for Population 4. I have been an avid follower since.

Favourite gig and HIGHLIGHTS: Bush Hall in June 2003 where got to meet Paul -such a nice guy.

Favourite tracks:: All time fav: ADRIFT

Absolutely love: September, Starblood, Sixth of May, Thursday and Cloudless, Your Sweet Love

Always listening too: Future Songs Astrounauts,

Favourite album:: Self non Self

Treasures Cranes posessions: Ali's Signed Lyrics book and my live videos of really early shows that I never got to see but wish I had.

Other Music:
:
David Bowie (my first love) Bjork, The Cure, Sneaker Pimps/I AM X, VAST, Goldfrapp, VNV Nation, Coctaeu Twins, Hole, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, NIN, Nick Cave, HIM, Gary Numan, Fields of Nephilim and Ministry.

Highly recommend: :Jane Siberry, VAST, Goldfrapp, St Eve and especially I AM X (Chris Corner)
[/i]
"Through dangers untold & hardships unnumbered - I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City-To take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and my Kingdom is as great -You have no power over me! "
Anga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Fields of the Nephilim, or wot...!? Reply with quote

Hey Ktchina!!!!

Fields of the Nephilim is one of my absolute favorite bands ever!!!! They stand in my list amongst Current 93, Cranes, King Crimson, Sandy Denny, Sinéad O'Connor, Pentangle, Sainkho Namtchylak and some others.... Nice to hear that someone favpours the Fields here too... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: