cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~~ The Cranes Gig Are You Most Fond Of ~~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuchsiagrl1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: ~~ The Cranes Gig Are You Most Fond Of ~~ Reply with quote

i was wondering which cranes gig you've attended, that is most memorable and special to you...

for me its portland, at berbatis pan... they had a great set, and an even better encore...

a close second would be phoenix, az at the big fish pub... because they played "reverie" at my request, and we got to hang out with jim and the others... ill never forget it....
bunnycure

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I have never seen them live... I would've attended the most recent gig in Helsinki, but they had an age limit Crying or Very sad
quendin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best gig was in Brussels, Belgium with the Particles and Waves tour.
They came back 4 times, everyone went crazy.

Great too was the evening before when we got to interview them before the gig for the Belgian magazine dark entries.
alex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my fave is the first one i saw ! All i knew about cranes was the cds inlays. It was such a suprise to see they were such nice people. My first show was Fribourg 1998, i was first row and i got to talk to everyone in the band at the end of the show. I didnt sleep when i got back home as i was too much excited. Hopefully i wasnt too sad when the show was over because i was going to see them again live the next day! The setlist was great too as they started with cloudless jewel and reverie. Since that day i've been to every cranes shows in my country.
The others shows were great and probably better but the first one is special Wink
Alex
avon lady

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite would have to be, um, Utrecht - the last one. Don't know why since the dressing room was thisbig so we had to sit in a cupboard half the night & we were all hungover from the night before and could barely walk. And we left the box of chocolates from Ali in the dressing room (sorry!) and we want them back. But great atmosphere, great show. Lots of fun.

After that it would have to be Cologne (with the cure) purely for the hotel afterwards. And Cranes upstaging the Cure big time, of course.
Dot Cotton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is that old codger in the back?
avon lady

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're on PUHA tv!
theangeltheory

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Cranes show I've seen in Toronto has rocked. The Loved show stands out in my memory. It was wonderfully hard, loud and bright. Last time they played here it was hockey season and they waited for the game to end before performing. Guess there probably won't be a hockey season this year. Crying or Very sad
I hope Cranes make it back to Toronto with Particles & Waves. I'd love to see those songs performed live.

Linda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to see them twice...both times in Chicago. The first time, in '92, when they opened for the Cure, they were in the Holiday Inn we were in...we went for breakfast, and sure enough they were right behind us having breakfast. None of us had the nerve to say anything, though. I stole Alison's sugar-packet's, though. yay.

Second time, was in '95, in a small club...have to say, best show of my life. So close to the stage, Alison looking as beautiful as ever...except some obnoxious dude kept asking for one of her hair ties. I was so moved, I cried. I tried so hard not to.

Nothing in this world will affect me like Cranes music. It still amazes me, to this day, how few people have even heard of them. The most underrated band ever. Confused
Moaske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it was last years Paris show; they played a terrific set and came back four times ! It was also the first time they started playing Adoration again. It was the last song they played, and we almost missed the very last metro to the other side of paris (where our campsite was), but we didn't want to miss this great song...
It was also the first time for me that i went abroad to see them play live, and ofcourse Paris is such a lovely city that the dream came complete.

Moaske's weblog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moaske

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avon lady wrote:
My favourite would have to be, um, Utrecht - the last one. Don't know why since the dressing room was thisbig so we had to sit in a cupboard half the night & we were all hungover from the night before and could barely walk

And yes, this one was very nice too ! I was in leiden the night before that, so i can guess how that hangover came up Wink
In utrecht the atmosphere was very nice, and the band were the last persons to get 'kicked' out of the venue together with us...
Made some nice pics there. (Btw; Marc Francombe attended this gig)

Moaske's weblog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
avon lady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was SO ill in Leiden. Had some kind of fierce 8 hour stomach bug that kicked in about half-way through the gig so i left the venue pretty early with Ali & Sab with the idea of sleeping it off...then I recall waking up because Sabine had to let the guys back in to the hotel because the chap on the desk went AWOL in the middle of the night and then a beer and...hungover at breakfast the next morning. Then had to try and follow the cranes bus, still feeling like sh*t, to Utrecht with Ben indicating one way and driving the other.

Was worth it though. Utrecht was a superb show, wasn't it? and yeah, you can see Mark's disembodied head hovering in that photo next to Paul.
Anga

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quendin wrote:

The best gig was in Brussels, Belgium with the Particles and Waves tour.
They came back 4 times, everyone went crazy.

I must say that I agree!!

...but it was a pity that a lot of the audience started chatting during Michael J Sheehy's set, making him (and me) kind of Mad ...
I was about to shout "Shut up and listen, you cunts: that man is a genius!!!", but I wouldn't embarras Quendin (how sweet Razz )...
Chriss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fave was @ a student union somewhere in London? Couldn't have been long after Self-non-Self had just come out.

Me & my then girlfriend were convinced that Robin Guthrie (Cocteaus) was standing next to us - but it could have just been a random large fellow, with big hair & a long coat.

There was next to no-one there but Cranes were superb! - I did pull the poster off the wall - wonder if I've still got it?
Topher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Post Office in Augusta, Georgia. Intimate club. Stood in the second row of people. Loved that concert. Very Happy

Or it could be the concert in Atlanta, Georgia with the Cure when I totally didn't know the Cranes would be opening and was totally and pleasantly shocked Shocked Surprised when I recognized that it was them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: