cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

old tv stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apesgrapes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: old tv stuff Reply with quote

i posted this on the old board, but then got distracted by the birth of our little lad, anyway....

been going through old vhs tapes, and found some cranes stuff from the early 90s. i'm guessing you all probably have these, but i'm going to rip them to mpeg format for safe keeping.

if anyone wants the mpegs, all i need to know is:

- what format/resolution do you want? (vhs can't really get better than VCD, but i normally rip to SVCD at least), and..

- how do you want them - options are really newsgroups or maybe an anonymous ftp site somewhere? unless you have your own way of sharing things here.

anyways, some screen shots so you know the quality:

From Snub (BBC2) think this is 1991 - track is 6th of May;

not sure where this is from, but its Adoration, recorded upstairs at the Riverside in Newcastle, 1991. might be Rapido?

and if there's any obsessive collectors here, i've also got a promo vid from the chart show, with all the daft anecdotal crap they used spoil the vids with:

anyway, best wishes all - i haven't seen/heard the cranes for over 10 years, but if anyone has a boot/recording of the leeds duchess of york gig from the early 90s, i'd love a copy.
jannevaan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I'd love to have those mpegs. With as good resolution as possible. Do you have an ftp site anywhere? I have never been in any newsgroup... :/

I use Soulseek for sharing my files so that would be good way. My user name is "halipatsui". I use KaZaA sometimes too.

You can reach me by posting here or emailing to plainboy@hotmail.com .

Thanks.

-Janne
markfrancombe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: ME TOO ME TOO!! Reply with quote

Hey As an ex member of Cranes that doesnt have these vids EITHER... I would LOVE a copy of them... there seems to be a lovely shot of me in that Newcastle TV show.. I only ever saw that once (In the TV van 5 mins after we did it) !!

I remember we had a bit of a row with the director about the fact that they had made a big fancy GOTHY set for us.. We were just beginning to be tagged as a goth band, and didnt understand it, and hated it!!
But then we went on tour with the Cure and had to shut up! ha ha

The other one I see (apart from T Tears, was the SnubTV show, shot in Amsterdam, I edited that video, and have a copy, but not from the TV show.. that would be coooool!

Please mail me at mark@markfrancombe.com and I'll grovel some more to get whatever you have as mpegs etc! Or Bribes even.. what do you want? ...got a few rare things he he..

mark ex crane francombe
pills23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also love a copy of that! I can be reached at pills23@earthlink.net.

I'd also like the highest quality that is practical for you to send.

Thanks in advance!!
alex

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, i'd love to have a copy. I've never seen these videos before. I also have some digital videos from past concerts and promo clips that i encoded myself from vhs tapes.

Email me at pradervand(at)bluemail.ch so we can set up something. I'd be interested to have them in the higher quality you can do (SVCD, DVD, Mpegs, ...)

alex
bpharoah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add me to the list too! I think you're going to be very popular!
apesgrapes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

nice to know people want this stuff, these old video tapes are a goldmine of rarities which need to be shared. i've done them both as VCDs. the resolution is smaller than the shots above, but 352x288 is really the best you can get from vhs which is slightly less resolution than vcd (the noise has been blacked out at the top & bottom edges).

if anyone wants bigger versions, just let me know - the quality won't be as good but those screenshots give you some idea.

Adoration - Tyne Tees 1991

filmed in newcastle, upstairs in the riverside.

file size 49.2mb
res 352x288
length 4m 42s
7058 frames @ 25fps
audio rate 44100, 16 bit, 2 channels (but mono)

SnubTV - 1991

small interview then Reach & 6th of May. like mark said - filmed in amsterdam.

file size 77.8mb
res 352x288
length 7m 26s
11155 frames @ 25fps
audio rate 44100, 16 bit, 2 channels (but mono)

anyway, they're on an anonymous ftp server - don't know whos or where it is, but i get good speed from the uk. as it isn't my server, i don't want to post the actual link on the board & get it into trouble, so you'll need to remove the * from the links below:

ftp://*195.243.99.35/upload/25144415/cranes/[1991]Cranes.Adoration.TyneTeesTV.mpg
ftp://*195.243.99.35/upload/25144415/cranes/[1991]Cranes.Interview.Reach.6thOfMay.SnubTV.mpg

if you have any trouble just email me or post back on this thread. also, if you can't use ftp, just let me know & i'll work out something else. happy to put them on cd & post them.

i'm definitely interested in bootlegs from this era, and really need to catch up with what they've been up to since, so if anyone has anything they're willing to share, please let me know.

enjoy
damian

dk@dkennedy.fsworld.co.uk
bpharoah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting those up so quickly - you're a star!
Dusk-Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian thanks for sharing these awesome clips in great quality. You rock Exclamation
normaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: More mpegs Reply with quote

Hello, i have 2 tracks from MTV 120 mins (Starblood, EG Shining) and Jewel clip (excellent sound and good video). Farther i have on video tape forever with cure, but copy of this is poor. Maybe we could exchange Cranes video via soulseek??
jannevaan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damian:
Thank you very very much!

normaz:
I'd love to share stuff with you in Soulseek. I just don't have any other Cranes videos than the live videos that can be found on the tour dates section of this page and now these two. I have some rare Cranes mp3's plus bootlegs and/or videos from many other bands for example The Cure, Joy Division, New Order, Cocteau Twins, Bunnymen, Mercury Rev, Nick Cave... My user name is "halipatsui".
Vanni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for sharing those vids, guys!!
I'm on Soulseek too, and would love to get in touch with other Cranes fans!
username: dj Shaitan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
apesgrapes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just noticed that the (german) company whos ftp i was using have spotted it so the files have gone. if anyone still needs them just post here or email & i'll stick them somewhere else.

or send me a soulseek message, username is copshootcop
normaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nick on soulseek is normaz
wings_of_joy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Can't do the download Reply with quote

Hi there... I think it's great what you did here... but I can't do the downloads (and yes, i removed the "*"). Is there a problem? Did you remove the videos?

Really wanted a copy of that too... I also have (almost) all clip of tomorrow's tears and shinning road (on MTV), but I have no means of converting it to digital form... Rolling Eyes anyway, my mails are : cunha_helder@aeiou.pt or cunha.helder@gmail.com

hope anyone can help... and thanks anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: