cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Be sample?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tupenix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: To Be sample? Reply with quote

Does anyone know where i can hear a sample of "To Be" online?
I would be grateful for any help.
Chriss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could put a copy up on my web space but could you not just go out & buy Poulation 4?

Which raises a HUGE question...

Obviously Cranes have lots of deleted releases - what with their being entirely indie & all.

I'd be interested to know the band's thoughts on whether the people on this forum - ie the people who really love them, could be allowed to copy hard to find tracks with each other - with the possibility of being able to make a contribution to the band via something like Paypal for the privilege?

Or better still maybe an online Cranes download site - such that the band get the cash & not some twit on ebay banking an extortionate profit & us lot getting ripped off?

Tragedy of Orestes and Electra is 30 on Amazon - Still the one I don't own Sad - If this were available to download then I'd be more than happy to pay the price for a standard CD knowing that the money was actually going to artists I've loved for about 17-odd years.

I understand that this could jeopordise future best of / compilation style releases - but it shouldn't be hard to set up and I for one would be much happier.
tupenix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!
Note i did say "sample" i am not after ripping the band off.
(PS i meant "inescapable" ep collection )
I will buy the album when i can,but i would just like to hear it again (inescapable that is)
It's an incredible song.
Paul - Cranes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Anything before Future Songs is owned by the now de-funct Dedicated, which was in itself a subsidury of BMG.

As such, we need to get permission from BMG, something that we have tried to do so that we can re-press and re-issue our back catalog ourselves. However, the asking price is something you would not believe which is why it has not been done. The same applies to all the videos.

We own the songs but BMG own the recordings of the songs that are on all of those records. Record companies are very twitchy about online downloads as it is these days. We would be in court before you could say 'record lawyer'.

For this reason it is impossible for us to set up an online download facility for our back catalog, no matter how much of a good/sensible idea it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: