cranes-fan.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gig in Vaartkapoen Brussels
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aisling

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Gig in Vaartkapoen Brussels Reply with quote

I very much enjoyed the gig in Brussels yesterday! It was a rather small crowd, but the atmosphere was magical. I wanted to ask a setlist after the show, but they were all already gone... If someone could post the setlist here, I'd be very grateful. Thanx!
Moaske

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... it was a great gig ! I was very happy they played 'Cloudless' as the last encore... Smile Didn't get hold of the setlist though. But it was pretty much the same (apart from 'Cloudless') as in Amsterdam the night before, albeit in a slightly different order... i'll see if a can dig up that setlist from my bag somewhere tomorrow.

Btw; my Brussels gig ended with quite a bummer: two windows of my car appeared to be smashed in when i got back to my car. Seems to be a nasty neighbourhood over there... Confused Evil or Very Mad
But nothing was stolen, and after duck-tapin' the windows with some clothes, i could safely drive it home where i replaced the windows today with some spare stuff i had in my basement Cool

Moaske's weblog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
avon lady

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, marco - that neighbourhood is pretty bad, so I've heard. Anyway, we didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to you - what happened?! one minute you guys were coming back to the hotel for drinks and the next you'd all vanished. peh. email me photos or I'll reveal your age to everyone here.

I don't have the setlist for Brussels since someone stole mine when I put it down for 10 minutes. I'd scribbled all over it anyway but no doubt it'll be up soon though. Was a good show - they sounded excellent. Shame about the lighting desk breaking, but these things happen.
Moaske

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avon lady wrote:
... email me photos or I'll reveal your age to everyone here.....

Ha ! As long as i don't feel 31 or look 31, i don't care what age i am Wink ... (now you need to find something else to emberass me... muhahahaha! Twisted Evil )
But mail is on it's way anyway...

Yeah, you guys were probably hidden too deep in the back of the van when we said goodbye too ya all. We were all pretty beat, so we decided to go home anyway... Not nice to find my car filled up with broken glass after the gig, so even if we were in the mood to hang out some longer, that mood would've probably been killed by these events...
But if you like, you should come over to Tilburg some day to have a coulple'o beers with us Razz

Btw, here's a teaser picture for everyone that i linked from my blog. It's from the friday show at Paradiso. The rest from both gigs i will mail to mike to put them up this site. I really wonder how the pictures of Brussels are gonna turn out because of that light 'situation'.

Moaske's weblog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stre@uac

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moaske wrote:
Btw; my Brussels gig ended with quite a bummer: two windows of my car appeared to be smashed in when i got back to my car. Seems to be a nasty neighbourhood over there... Confused Evil or Very Mad

a friend of mine had the same experience after concert @VK in 2002.
I don't like that neighbourhood at all to park my car, it's crossing fingers every time....

Anyway, it was another magic moment last saturday in VK!!!

greetz
avon lady

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moaske wrote:
Ha ! As long as i don't feel 31 or look 31, i don't care what age i am Wink ... (now you need to find something else to emberass me... muhahahaha! Twisted Evil )
But mail is on it's way anyway...

Damn, knew I should've filmed you dancing downstairs at paradiso.... Cool

Thanks for pictures though. There's some horrible ones in there. You need to delete the ones of me. I know where you live now so consider that a threat Very Happy
schoapke

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember saying goodbye to you all.
So glad my car was parked inside. Next time we will have a afterparty outside when it it so hot inside. Would like to see the "funkmaster" at work Wink
Dot Cotton

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was cool. Thanks to the VK guy who drove us, the excellent chef, thanks to the hotel guy for the beer, erm...stuff. Anyhow, the area around VK is not safe to park at night. Unfortunately the venue has to deal with this as theyre situated in quite an unpleasant area. Travel there by taxi or public transport I'd say unless you have secure parking. The venue itself is very cool and the staff are excellent. It was so nice to see people who had come to Amsterdam in Brussels again. Two people that we know from previous shows drove forever to Amsterdam only to catch the two last songs of the show. now THAT is hardcore Smile.
Dot Cotton

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS marco you look great for your age. being 32 and still being able to wear pink dresses speaks for any guy.
vk

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Setlist for gig @ VK Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to get Jims copy of the setlist. Here it is:

- Reverie 55
- Jewel 30
- Loved 32
- Shining Road 33
- Future 36
- Flute 37
- Sunrise 51
- Vanishing Pt 38
- Snow 42
- Particles
- Far away 30
- Adrift 30
-------------
- Fragile 48
- Submarine 40
- Light song 34
--------------
- e.g. Shining 43
- Everywhere 30/31
- Lilies 44

Cloudness was not part of the setlist, but they played it anyway. Thanks for this extra great song!

Does anybody know what these numbers mean? I didn't see them on Allisons copy of the setlist.

By the way, I would appreciate it if anyone could post (or send me) some pictures of the gig.
Moaske

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot Cotton wrote:
PS marco you look great for your age. being 32 and still being able to wear pink dresses speaks for any guy.

What strenght were your spectacles again... ? Wink Cool

And it's 31 !!!! Twisted Evil damn you... Wink

Moaske's weblog
Dot Cotton

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need any glasses to notice that pink dress. are you on MSN?
Moaske

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dot Cotton wrote:
I don't need any glasses to notice that pink dress. are you on MSN?

Yes, i am... check my bottom... (of my postings that is) Laughing

Moaske's weblog
quendin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the Cranes gig, although I am suffering from a great lost in my life, I had the chance to clear my mind. Thanks!!!
johan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I couldn't be at the Cranes gig, but I was considering to go.

At the same evening, 1 km from the Vk, Michael Gira (ex SWANS) was playing with his band Angels of Light.

I HAD to see them again. The people who love the darker/harder/experimental side of Cranes, will definitely like SWANS.

Last time I've seen Cranes (in Liege), it was SO great it couldn't get any better. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    cranes-fan.com Forum Index -> Cranes Message Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: